Monday, April 15, 2013

Comfort Zones

In Mr. Grazer's presentation on This I Believe, he mentions that you have to disrupt your comfort zones to really grow. This is something I've definitely noticed throughout the course of my project. The first phase was completely within my comfort zone - reading books was no stretch of my abilities. The second phase, though, was utterly foreign and overwhelming and I had no clue what to do or where to start. It was so new, and so out of my comfort zone, that if it hadn't been something I had to do for class, I'd probably have chickened out and given up. Now, three weeks into phase two, I'm so glad I didn't. I've not only been enjoying my work much more, but I've also learned a million times more from pushing my limits and trying new things than I had in the entirety of my phase one. It's been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment