Thursday, April 18, 2013

Testing

After a few minor fixes (which are turning out to take forever and maybe not be so minor. Gah.), I'd really like to start getting into testing in the next week or so. This would mean actually getting people to play a real game, and see what still needs to be done or doesn't work right. However, before I start this, I'd like it to look semi-presentable, which means having the final unicorn and dragon card pictures, and not just the stand-in rectangles currently in place. Initially, my younger sister was going to do all the artwork for the game, and yesterday she handed me these elaborate drawings. They were really well done - but not at all what I needed or envisioned. When we had been doing rough sketches, we had just drawn out the head of the unicorn and dragon, not full body pictures, so that's the image that I've had of it. Also, her drawings were so full of detail that you wouldn't have been able to read the text once it was put over. I think that if I want the images to come up the way I want, I'm going to have to draw them myself. This is going to be tricky, because I am in no way an artist. Uh-oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment