Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Finding a Balance

At the moment, so much of my project is just reading and learning, it's hard to write about what I've been doing. I could summarize the hour I spent today working on a Bagels game (this is actually a thing - I'd never heard about it until today), but that would be annoying for me to write, and boring for anyone else to read. It's really difficult to find that balance between documenting my progress and lulling people to sleep. Honestly, there's not that much to say about what I've been doing, so I'm constantly trying to think of what might stand out enough that I should talk about it.
For today, I guess that thing might be that I found the Firefox add-on that lets me download videos from YouTube, and it's really compatible with my internet situation. We have a 5 GB download limit per month on our internet at home, so being able to download a video that I can watch as many times as I need to for only 5-10 MB is pretty much a godsend.
Also, I ordered another book to read on Python - this one has really good reviews, and supposedly has practice problems at the end of each chapter where you actually write your own code - not just copy the code the author gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment