Friday, March 15, 2013

Gleaning From the Past

I'll admit, I was pretty reluctant to start going through the project documentation of a former WISE student, because it seemed like a huge task and I didn't think I would get much out of it. Obviously, I was totally wrong. Seeing a finished project and journal through the eyes of a reader is completely different than doing journals myself.


What I've learned:
1) Vary entries - walls of text get old really quickly. Adding pictures and lists is a big YES PLEASE.
2) No one wants to know the technical everythings about what you're doing. It's just confusing.
3) Pay attention to what you're writing. Error after error not only makes you look bad, but also makes your entries painful to read.
4) Don't feel bad about short entries - they're much more manageable to the reader than pages and pages.
5) Humor is good. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment