Thursday, March 14, 2013

Monty Python

Fun fact: The Python programming language was actually named after Monty Python, and the books teaching it feature frequent references to spam and 42.


Speaking of books, Mike Dawson's Python Programming For the Absolute Beginner is pretty much a lifesaver. I was able to skim over the first 30 or so pages, because I'm not really an "absolute beginner", but it was nice to have the refresher. Now that I'm getting into the new stuff, I'm finding Dawson's book to be much more readable than Sweigart's. I think some of this is bias, because I'm much more comfortable with paper books than e-books, but some of it is legit. Dawson writes with a sort of subtle humor that makes learning more interesting. Also, at the end of each chapter there are challenge problems, pretty easy tasks, but still they not only cement what I've been reading about, but also keep me engaged, so yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment