Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Practicing

For me, it's the practicing that's the most fun. I know the research is necessary to reach the point where I can practice, but I'd much rather be trying out challenge problems or CodingBat exercises than learning how to traverse data structures or use nested loops. This is where the majority of my obstacles are - I'm itching to just get out there and DO something, but I need to build the foundation in order to do this.
However, I did get a new Python book in the mail today (Mike Dawson's Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner) and it looks pretty promising. I'm crossing my fingers that this will be my stepping stone out of the rut I'm in, because it combines research with practice problems, and that might be enough to satisfy my need to "produce" something.

No comments:

Post a Comment