Thursday, March 21, 2013

On Asking For Help

Thinking ahead to what I'll have to do to create a game, I've started to feel overwhelmed. There's so much that I don't know how to do. I don't know how to make something multiplayer, or how to put written code onto a website, or anything like that. Luckily, I before I got too panicked, I sent my sister an email asking for help. This was probably the best idea I've had throughout my project. Even though I didn't understand half of what she was advising me to do, she told me that she would do some research, and invited me to come down to NYC to work with her on it over spring break. Even though I'm not sure I'll be able to do that, because I haven't gotten my work schedule yet, it's nice to know that there are people behind me who will support me throughout the project, and who I can always turn to for help.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you chose to ask for help from your sister; she sounds like a great resource!

    My suggestion is, find someone who knows the web stuff really well. Since your project is game programming, see if you can find someone who will take care of all the online/website stuff for you while you code the actual game.

    ReplyDelete