Sunday, May 19, 2013

Comments

Following on one of my previous entries, where I mentioned how I wish I had commented my code as I was going so that I knew what it actually did, I now have another reason to kick myself over my laziness. I have a couple of problems that I'm completely stumped on, and have been for a good week or two. As the end of the year comes closer and closer, that becomes more of an issue. My sister has been MIA - she got really sick, and as she recovers has to focus on catching up on her own work, so she's too busy to help me. My dad's been looking to see if one of his students would be able to help me out, since it's on such a deadline at this point. Unfortunately, bringing in a new person would be a hassle - especially given the state of my code. Only maybe a fifth, possibly a fourth of it is commented, and it's pretty convoluted. Even someone who knows loads about programming would have trouble understanding it. I really need the help though, so I guess this week isn't going to be about preparing for my presentation, but actually going on a commenting spree. I really wish I'd listened to my Computer Science teacher now when he said that we should always comment everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment