Thursday, May 2, 2013

Suggestions


Recently, I've been working on the layout of my website, and I hit a bit of a snag in trying to figure out how to make the text show up. The problem was that the text of the "unicorn cards" wouldn't show up very well against the background. I'd been trying to experiment with making the text shadow different colors and thicknesses in order to make it more readable, but nothing was really helping. So, working on it fourth period in the library, I was getting frustrated. Then, a friend who was working at the table suggested that I make a semi-transparent background for the text. Throughout the course of my project, I've had lots of people throwing suggestions at me. It gets a little irksome, because oftentimes I just keep getting told how I could have done something better, and I don't always think like a super efficient programmer type person. For me, I'm excited if I can make something work, even if it there's a way to make it work that would take less code. Because of this, I might not be as open to suggestions as I should be. However, I was pretty desperate at this point, so I looked into opacity of images, and played around with that a little bit until I got the text to a point where you could actually read it. I guess I need to learn to filter the ideas people give me, so that I can follow up the useful ones, and put aside the ones that I don't need, because evidently some of those ideas can be lifesavers (though that's a bit of an exaggeration).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment