Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trial Run

So, Friday I had my first trial run with my game, where I enlisted some friends to help me test in a real game. Quite frankly, it was a disaster. I guess that's to be expected, considering it's only the first test and it's probably even a good thing, because now I know all the issues that I need to work out. All the same, it's kind of discouraging. There were problems with the correct number of cards not showing up, which was an issue I thought I had fixed, but apparently not. Also, more importantly, there was a big problem where once you played a card, you wouldn't get a new one, just keep the same hand of 7 cards for round after round after round. Yeah, that got super boring after a few rounds. Luckily, the friends helping me test it were incredibly supportive and didn't give me a hard time about all the flaws. *phew* I think I'm giving myself a hard enough time as it is! Hopefully, I'll at least have the card problem worked out by this weekend so that the next run will be a little smoother. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment