Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happiness Revisited

1) It's hard to place when I feel most happy. I think it would probably when I've just accomplished something, like a good grade on a test or scoring a goal. Either that, or when I'm just spending time with the people I care about, friends, family, my hockey team, and just hanging out, not doing anything in particular.

2) The article, Happiness Revisited, was very thought provoking. I'd never really considered what happiness was before or how to achieve it, and I found they was the author presented the idea interesting. I was especially intrigued by the idea that you can only really be happy when you've worked hard to achieve something. While this certainly is one type of happiness, I'm not sure it's the only one. Certainly I feel happy when I wake up and realize I still have a few more hours of sleep, or when I'm just laughing with my friends, and in those cases I haven't done any work leading up to the happiness.

3) Currently, I'm at the anxiety spot in the flow chart. The challenges that I'm facing are harder than I feel comfortable tackling, and I'm at the point where I think I need to turn to help before I'm swamped.

4) In the past month, I've been bouncing back between anxiety and flow, sometimes in my zone and sometimes taking on too much. Overall, it's been a pretty good spot for me, even if stretching my limits has been stressful. It's certainly a better place than the first part of my project, where I was definitely grounded in the boredom section of the flow chart.

5) I think I can achieve flow when I know what I need to get done, and how to get there (mostly). For me, this means I often have to ask for help when I first start something, and then one I get that lead in, I can do it on my own and I'm in the flow channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment