Sunday, May 5, 2013

Deadlines

Phyllis Korkki's article on deadlines is strangely informal for a New York Times article, but I think that's what makes it all the more relatable. I know very well how it is to put off work, especially for a big project that has a faraway deadline (*cough*WISE*cough*), and while I haven't recruited anyone to hound me to do my work, I have had to break my project down into smaller pieces that I can assign deadlines to. Because without a deadline, I don't have the motivation to get something done - it's not due, I don't have to do it. Let's face it, I'm a total slacker at heart. This week, I do have a public deadline. By Friday, I have to have the hand of cards up and working so that my second trial run of the game will not be such a disaster (more on that at a later date). It's not fun to play Apples to Apples when you have the same cards round after round. And, I've promised my friends that I'll have this fixed by this weekend, so it's a deadline I have to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment