Friday, February 22, 2013

Connections

I've been perusing my classmates blogs, and it's been so interesting (and pretty relieving, I'll admit!) to see the experiences that other people have been through. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to push myself to actually get down to business (no, not to defeat the Huns) and make myself work. It's also really cool to see how they've managed to tie their projects into the things they love and do on a day to day basis.
In fact, I had my own experience along those lines today - I went to a college open house at Wheaton College in MA, and one of the options that was available on the schedule was to sit in on a class. Deciding that it couldn't hurt, I chose to go to a Computer Science class. It wasn't a beginning level course, so I was fully expecting that the content would go right over my head, and that I would be completely lost. However, it was pretty exciting to find out that I could follow along with what the professor was saying and that I could even answer (in my head. so not brave enough to say it out loud) some of the questions that stumped the actual students! They were learning Python, and so much of what they were doing were things that I had/have been researching for my own project. I thought originally that it would be good experience to learn Python on my own, but I don't think I fully realized just how useful it would be for me until today. Suddenly, I'm way more excited about what I'm doing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment