Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time for a Change

Each day, I find myself doing my best to procrastinate on working on my project. "Oh, I have so much other stuff to do," or "I'll have time to properly work on it tomorrow." Not going to lie, it's gotten really bad. I've been thinking over ways to motivate myself, and I think I may've found the root of the problem. What I really want to do is start working on writing the card game. I'm bored by the learning Python part, and I just want to skip to the good stuff. So, I figure I need to give myself some incentive to build a solid foundation before jumping right in. I think, instead of having a deadline for when I switch phases of my project, I'll encourage myself to work by saying that if I get through two books on learning Python, then I can start the "real" project. That's not to say I won't use any of the other resources that I collected, but rather I'll use them as I need them. Hopefully, this change in plans will be enough to motivate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment