Friday, February 8, 2013

Day One

Started my project yesterday, though I didn't get around to blogging about it until today. I can't tell you how tempted I was to just blow off working on it yesterday. I really wanted to just say, "Hey, it's my first day, it won't matter if I just do my homework instead of starting." I knew that if I did this, though, that would just lead to me doing the same thing on the second day, and then the third day, and then... well, you get the point. So, I ignored that nagging little devil on my shoulder and started my project. Probably the most important part - I downloaded Python. Super easy, super quick, but if I had left that until I was at home, super not possible. I don't have broadband internet at home, so we have a very severe download limit, and downloading Python would be out of that range. I also went through the first real chapter of my e-book. It was boring. Readable, yes, but boring. I know that 2 + 2 = 4, and having me use the Python shell to do that kind of math was really not helpful. Also, even the next part of the chapter, which was about storing values and using variables, was exactly like what I'd learned in APCS, so awfully repetitive. I'm hoping that I'll reach new information soon, otherwise I might just have to give up on this book, and I had high hopes for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment