Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Starting is the Hardest Part

I have a feeling that starting my project will end up being the most difficult part for me. I've always had some trouble jumping into something that seems overwhelming, because often I can't figure out where to start. This leads to day after day of procrastination, and becomes a vicious cycle of overwhelming-ness. It'll definitely help me to have planned out my time, and to set deadlines for myself. Even though this first outline is assigned, it might have to become a bi-monthly routine for me, just so I have some sort of organized plan. I suppose I'll see how this one works out - trial run and all that!

(I'm going to assume the week starts on Monday, because I don't really know...)

Monday: Read chapters 1 & 2 of "Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python”.  Journal on progress.

Tuesday: Meet with mentor 6th period, then read chapter 3 of "Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python".

Wednesday: Read chapters 3 & 4 of "Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python”. Journal on progress.

Thursday: Read chapter 5.

Friday: Read chapter 6. Journal on progress.

Saturday: Read chapter 7.

Sunday: Read chapters 8 & 9.

Monday: Read chapters 10 & 11. Journal on progress.


Tuesday: Read chapters 12 & 13, meet with mentor 6th period.


Wednesday: Read chapters 14 & 15. Journal on progress.


Thursday: Read chapter 16.


Friday: Read chapter 17. Journal on progress.


Saturday: Read chapter 18.


Sunday: Read chapter 19 & 20.

This will bring me to the end of my first book (available online! http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/ Yaaay, so convenient! :D) This will be my tentative schedule for the first two weeks. From what I've seen, Al Sweigart's books seem really informative as well as easy to follow, but I could end up sorely mistaken, which would mean altering my schedule to work for a different book. Also, I'm not sure exactly how long each chapter will take - some might take longer than others, so that might require some switching around. This schedule will serve as an outline, though, and at least keep me on task.

No comments:

Post a Comment